Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend when i was on my

Customer Question

I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend when i was on my period, on 10th of January but i took emergency pill with in the next 42 hours. After that i got my period twice in a month on 7th of February and 25th of February. I took the pregnency test but the result is negative. Now its already 28th of February but i haven't got my period yet. Do i need to worry about something?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. No, there is no reason for concern in this situation. It would be extremely unlikely that you got pregnant from this encounter. As a baseline, it is unlikely for you to get pregnant from a sexual encounter during a period, but with the use of emergency contraception, it is far less likely that you could be pregnant from that encounter. If the pregnancy test was negative in the last few days as your period did not occur when expected, then that would confirm that you are not pregnant. Assuming that there was not another sexual encounter, there would also not be another potential for getting pregnant. If there were other sexual encounters in early March, then that would be a different issue. While most women will get back into a regular pattern of menstrual cycles relatively quickly, there are some women that may take another cycle before resuming their usual pattern. If a woman is late for her period and has a negative pregnancy test there is usually no other concern than to simply give it time to resume normal cycles. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.