Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a 7 year old daughter who has started vomiting

I have a 7 year old daughter who has started vomiting this morning. She has a high temperature, shivering and has a mottled skin appearance all over her body (like corned beef).
She is usually in excellent health.
Thank you in advance for your advice. My own doctors surgery was closed.
Samantha
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.It is most likely that your daughter is suffering from gastrointestinal infection and she is dehydrated due to repeated vomiting that is why she is having mottled skin appearance. I would suggest you to take her to nearby A&E or urgent care. She might need intravenous fluids for rehydration and antibiotics for infection. Meanwhile give her oral rehydration salt solution and lots of fluids as much as she can take it along with paracetamol syrup for fever relief. You can give her dimenhydrinate syrup for control of vomiting.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.