Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My baby is 16 weeks old and has a cold but last night he started

My baby is 16 weeks old and has a cold but last night he started coughing and making a hoarse sound when he coughs. Today all he wants to do is sleep and has gone off his food a bit. He's been having calpol to keep his tempature down. But it's not helping his cold or cough. What else can i do? He's cough gets much worse at night
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
It is possible that your baby has pertussis. These are symptoms that warrant a visit to the Dr. You should take your child to the pediatrician today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe, but he had all his vaccinations against it. And the gp surgerys are closed due to bank holiday. Should I take him too out of hours doctor?