Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Are chicken pox dangerous Grandson 6 months with hydrocephalus,

Are chicken pox dangerous for my Grandson 6 months with hydrocephalus, he does not currently have a shunt and is well?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
this is Dr. Davidchicken pox virus is less dangerous to children than to adults.if he has hydrocephalus and no shunt, then the hydrocephalus shouldn't be too severe.most likely if he contracts the chicken pox virus, this is not dangerous or deadly to himand he will develop antibodies to this viral infection.who has the chicken pox virus? another child? an adult with shingles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it's another child who may have chicken pox, . George the baby has a sibling aged 3 so both of them have not had chicken pox yet. I wondered if it may adversely affect his hydrocephalus. Perhaps it is better to be exposed to it now rather than later?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, chicken pox should not adversely affect his hydrocephalus.there is no reason to try to give your child chicken poxthere are now chicken pox virus vaccines which can be used.but if the children get exposed it will still be oklet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com