Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am taking gabapentin 100mg 3times a day my sciatica

I am taking gabapentin 100mg 3times a day for 2weeks my sciatica is gone but have kidney pains and sudden loss of hearing
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.This seems to be because of gabapentine side effects. It is reversible and your hearing loss would return after decreasing the dose or stopping medication. I would suggest you to visit your prescribing doctor to decrease the dose gradually so that these side effects get reversed and you have optimum dose for sciatica pain as well. Do not stop abruptly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms, decreasing the dose is best remedy.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best wishes.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do leave not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best wishes.