Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had a protected sex with an escort but unprotected oral sex

I had a protected sex with an escort but unprotected oral sex 29 days ago. then got a sore throat couple of days after. I got Zithromax from doctor and had a full set of Sti and hiv test done 14 days after the meeting. All came back negative including the hiv1/hiv2 blood test. Would hiv1/hiv2 test be accurate after 2 weeks or would there not be enough antibodies and I possibly could be positive. I have felt a little poor lately. 26 days on from the experience. Still a sore throat and a lot of anxiety about hiv.
I though I had swollen lymph nodes but thinking it sore in that area because I kept poking and not sure what they meant to feel like when swollen. Basically no hard bits. Would I expect to get a fever if I was infected. I have had no fever. I had also just started 20 days ago on lercanidipine 20 mg for high blood pressure. I stopped them 3 days ago as I feel they gave me a dry mouth. It is now a lot easier to swallow but not perfect.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
this is Dr. Davidunprotected oral sex with an HIV positive woman only has a 0.5 to 1 in 10,000 chance of spreading HIV to you.usually more expensive HIV DNA or RNA PCR tests are needed to be accurate for HIV early after 10-20 daysbut I bet if you had these tests, they would be negative.severe anxiety can cause you to have tight throat symptomsacid reflux can also cause sore throat.post nasal drip from allergies can cause sore throat as well.I bet you are HIV negative.let me know if you have other questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm doing another one of these hiv1/hiv2 test in about 2 weeks when I can get to the doctor. So would be 44 days. Would a negative test then be safe to say all clear. There is another part to the activity with the escort. She used a strap on penis and performed anal on me. The toy was stored in a cold draw and has a condom on the toy. After use she was very good at cleaning the toy with wipes. As I know the hiv. Virus cannot live in air so am I safe to say no chance of getting hiv. That way.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the chance of contracting HIV are about 1 in 10,000 chance, very very low odds.condom is a good thing on the toy.I bet your next HIV test at 44 days will be negative.yes, that would be conclusive that you don't have HIVlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com