Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had an ugly patch on my shin 6 months. I thought

I have had an ugly patch on my shin for about 6 months. I thought it was eczema and treated it with 1% hydrocortisone but it made no difference and is looking worse. It itches badly. Any ideas? Thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Please upload a photo here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A photo of me or my patch of eczema !?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Photo of YOUR patch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has the picture arrived?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.The eczematous patch needs to be treated with a higher potency corticosteroid, like Clobetasol propionate. And along with that I would suggest that you start on an antihistamine like Loratidine 10 mg twice a day (OTC) to alleviate the itch.Keep the area moisturized and clean. And try to identify any triggers like clothing fabrics etc.If this does not solve the problem within 10 days, then a dermatology visit is warranted for consideration of laser or light therapy.Hope this helps.Please do leave not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best wishes.