13262538

HiMy Dad has been having dialysis since 2003, and has struggled

Customer Question

My Dad has been having dialysis since 2003, and has struggled to get to his treatment 3 times a week during this time. Since the loss of my mum a few weeks ago, he has realised that he is entitled to an Attendance Allowance benefit, something that he was previously totally unaware of. Is it possible that he could apply for this to be backdated?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay an emergency arose.The D81 is a form that your solicitor may not only have completed but also signed on your behalf.You shoudl request a copy from your solicitor and the Court.If there is a clear indication of an intent to remarry or cohabit then there is no basis on which the Order can be challenged.If there is not then yes your ex can indeed ask for the Court to reconsider the matter on the basis of your remarriagealthough of course that does not actually mean that the Order will not stand - from what you have said it does not actually change the position in any way.Your ex is indeed late in making the payment and you can apply to enforce it - there is no compensation you can claim - just costs of enforcementPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't believe this response was meant for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please can you do whatever is necessary from your side to enable my question to remain in the system?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
MY profound apologies - it must have been a glitch in the system - that was not your responseThe answer that should have been yours is this oneThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you I am afraid that the Attendance Allowance can only be backdated to the date that the forms were requestedI suggest that you use this website to check that there is no other benefit he is missing out onhttp://www.entitledto.co.uk/I am sorry for the confusion - please ask if you need further detailsClare