DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had a ache under top of my left arm and it travels

hi i have had a ache under top of my left arm and it travels round to my back and sometimes down my side i get the ache in my shoulder aswell and top of my chest i went to my doctor he examined me and said it was muscular . it comes and goes doctor said it was nothing to worry about so i was happy with that . but im still getting the ache on and off and when i press under top of my arm its tender . so i dont know if i should go back to my doctor with it or just wait if its muscular. but now im getting an ache under top of my other arm and im very worried about lymph glands and cancer. i had a managram done 6 months ago and a recent full blood tests and blood count only thing showed up was thyroid. i have felt in my armpit and pressed in to examine i can feel any lumps what could this ache be many thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is likely muscle/skeletal.You need the correct physiotherapy, not just to wait.If your thyroid is low, this can cause aches to be worse, and that should be treated.You also need baseline ECG and heart exam.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why do you think its nessary to have a ecg and heart exam im worrying even more now and my doctors wont just do a ecg just because ive got aches under my arm as i am nhs patient not private many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am having my thyroid tested again in 2 weeks to see if its still low this has happened with my thyroid a few times but when im tested again 3 months later its ok so im not put on ant medication to sort it out
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
If you have never had one, and have had chest pain, then it is simply good to have a baseline for the future.That is simply one way of doing things.TSH on the thyroid should be under 2.5.And it should stay there. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the ache in top of my chest it more towards my shoulder where its joins at top and it is tender when i press it in its not a sharp pain or feels like someone is stamping on my chest it only lasts a few seconds when it comes and goes . i had a ecg last year all was ok i can ask for one to be done but like ive already stated im a nhs pateint do not pay for treatment and i do not work because of a back problem so tests of any kind do not get done just by asking for them if doctor dont think its nessassary they do not get done many thanks again
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like muscular pain to me. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.