Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Dr Uzair Not sure if I am concerned reason, but I seem to get acid reflux on

Hello Dr Uzair
Not sure if I am concerned for no reason, but I seem to get acid reflux on occasions and a unsettled feeling in my stomach, kind of at the very lower rib (left side) or at the bottom in the middle. I am v healthy play a lot of squash etc...and have a good diet and not over weight, figured I should get it checked out?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Dr Uzair is not online but don't worry, I can help you. As per your description, yes this seems like an acid reflux. There is no need to get this checked straight away because I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can try OTC capsule Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily. Moreover you should avoid spicy foods, alcohol, smoking and stress. Never sleep just after your meal, give a 2 hours break at least. If symptoms persist after 2 weeks of Omeprazole, see your doctor but I reassure you that nothing is serious and you are going to be alright. If you want me to call you, you can accept my phone call offer but that's your choice. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards