Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have had lower back pain few weeks but the pain has

I have had lower back pain for a few weeks but the pain has now moved to my left leg and has become more severe in the past 4 days. I now have difficulty in standing for more than a few minutes.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely due to the severe herniated disc at your lumbar spine causing nerve compression.When you stand the pressure increases worsening symptoms.There can be also risk of cord compression a surgical emergency.Please go to the local hospital without delay for further evaluation and pain management.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/