Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have insulin dependent diabetes form 2 Skin on my

I have insulin dependent diabetes form 2
Skin on my feet is very dry and thick and easily cracking
I have been using for some time cream Ureadin containing Urea
recently I discovered that the skin from my feet is coming down with big dry pieces and there is a new baby skin below
The problem is that I have pain, feet are itching
I concluded that this could be a side effect of the cream and started to use cream E45 bought in UK with Soft white paraffin, Light liquid paraffin,anhydrodse lanolin also methyl hydroxibenzoat, cetyl alcohol,propyl hydrohybenzoat,sodium hydroxide,citric acid etc
Could I use some other cream or ointment to decrease the pain?
kinfd regards
Michael
I still have quite a strong pain in my feet and itching
AShould I use some other cream?
Should I use some other cream
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This particular cream has alcohol in it which can cause more drying.Better avoided.Instead, you can try a lactic acid 12% and ammonium hydroxide containing ointment for intense moisturizer.Please consult with a dermatologist as well.You likely have severe heel eczema.Potent steroid ointment like clobetasol may be needed for treatment by prescription.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/