Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Dear Doctor, I undergone a necklift and two months after

Dear Doctor,
I undergone a necklift and two months after the surgery I experienced dry mouth and sometimes dry throat as well. My lips are extremely dry most of the time and my mouth feels very dry.
Another thing I complain of is that I feel my left cheek is acid like if I have eaten a lemon or something.
Am not sure whether if this is because of anxiety and stress or another thing.
I have did almost every single test out there and am completely fine.
I am 27 male healthy, I did this operation because I had some burns that's all.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
this is Dr. Davidsevere anxiety or stress can cause you to have dry mouth and to cause you to have your parotid stimulated which can feel like a sour feeling.sometimes before you eat citrus or lemon foods, your brain will send signals to your parotid gland to cause you to produce more saliva.you might benefit from over the counter try mouth aids like Biotine dry mouth spray or dry mouth gelsdo you have severe anxiety symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much,I have experienced severe anxiety and stress indeed. It is getting better by the time but still persistent.The thing is I don't know whether if it is because of the necklift surgery or because of stress can I do any tests to roll out any causes ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
neck lift surgery would not cause dry mouth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much,Although it is getting better but not gone completely. The anxiety and stress were very long time ago but it seems the symptoms of them are persistent.How long it might take for my body to recover it is very slow in my case, it seems.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
some patients battle with excessive anxiety for a lifetime.you might need treatment for severe anxiety if you continue to have symptoms.waiting for more time may not help your anxiety symptoms get better on their ownare you willing to see your doctor about your anxiety symptoms and talk about treatments?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would and thank you, ***** ***** very helpfull
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thanks for thatplease leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com