Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

First thing in the morning I blow my nose and occaisionaly

Customer Question

First thing in the morning I blow my nose and occaisionaly the tissue has blood on it.
It happens about once or twice a month. I have no blood in my phlem.
I find that in the evening after my afternoon nap I have dry white buggers in my nose that I pick.When I sleep at night I breath through my mouth and have done since I was a child.I am 67. It is only my left nostril that bleeds.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Dry nasal mucosa is the likely cause of bleeding.Since it happens occasionally, anything serious is unlikely.You can try saline nasal spray daily to keep your nostrils moist.Sometimes nasal polyp can bleed occasionally.Please get it checked by your GP as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/