Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I have a spinal condition central cord syndrome and enlarged

I have a spinal condition central cord syndrome and enlarged prostate and have been suffering from general ill health for some time.
In the last few years I have had constant stomach rumbling mainly right side above hip and some moderate pain. I am suffering from lot of joint pain ankles at times now left elbow looks inflamed and my ring finger on left hand is stiff and painful on the top joint, this finger was injured playing sport many years ago.
I also seem to be suffering from mouth sores recently. I do suffer from anxiety and stress and these conditions are like a vicious circle. I intend to to see the GP next week but I would like some information before. I had a urine test this week at a walk in clinic due to prostate issue it was fine?
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, the symptoms you are mentioning are in keeping with arthritis, it is very likely that your cord problem is due to arthritis specifically rheumatoid arthritis, oral ulcers and joint problems are due to connective tissue diseases most likely arthritis. RA factor, ESR, CRP levels will be helpful. Let me know if you have questions, thank you. I am assistant professor in the field of medicine and can help you further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My CCS was due to a fall 6 years ago so is it likely deterioation is causing arithitis, it feels like it, what about pain right side and above hip and rumbling, to be honest I am terrified of cancer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my follow up question
Sorry, i just checked in saw your reply... I do not think it is cancer cancers are mostly silent and these symptoms are of arthritis. SO chances of cancer are very very low.