Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am 22 years old and prone to get tonsillitis. 2014 was the

I am 22 years old and prone to get tonsillitis. 2014 was the worst year for it because I had it 6 or 7 times and was given penicillin each time. Since 2014, when I got ill, it would feel like I was starting to get tonsillitis. When I would wake up the next day, I would feel awful and was sure I had tonsillitis. When I would wake up the day after, my throat would feel a bit better, but it felt like it moved to my chest. My asthma would be worse, I would get out a breath quite easily, and I would get a chesty cough to go with it, along with yellow phlegm. This would usually last for about 2 weeks.
I have never went to the doctors about it because it would get better by itself after around 2 weeks, but I am starting to wonder if something else is causing this to happen. It has happened quite a lot, and already happened 3 times this year.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.You should have your tonsils removed.Why is your doctor not referring you to an ENT to have your tonsils removed?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I brought it up with my doctor before, but he said that getting your tonsils removed aren't as common as it used to be because it can cause my complications and harm. He wouldn't refer me for that reason
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
In your case I think that tonsillectomy (removing the tonsils is the best option as far as I am concerned).Here is a textbook reference where you can read up the indications of tonsillectomy yourself:http://reference.medscape.com/article/872119-overview#a10Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.I would appreciate a rating as that is the only way I am credited here.