Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My 6 year old daughter was sick in the early hours of Sunday

My 6 year old daughter was sick in the early hours of Sunday morning. Just the once although she remained wide awake for the rest of the night. I know there are a lot of nasty bugs going around so prepared myself for a few days of her feeling under the weather and vomiting. However, the next day (sunday) she was perfectly fine. No loss of appetite, still plenty of energy etc. All day Monday she was fine too. Then, early hours of Tuesday morning she had very watery diarrhea. She had this about 4 times and she was also sick once more. Again, I thought this sickness and diarrhoea would continue all day but once again she was perfectly fine. Even pestering for chocolate etc. All day weds she was absolutely fine too, then at 10pm she was sick once more. Just the once, but a lot. After a bath, she went back to bed and slept right through until 6am. Once again she has been fine all day. She wanted breakfast as normal when she woke up. So my question is, are these normal symptoms of an upset tummy or could it be something else like an intolerance? She is rarely I'll however a few weeks ago she was complaining of tummy ache and if anything was a little constipated. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthese are normal symptoms of temporary viral infections such as viral gastritis or viral enteritis or temporary food poisoning and not some sort of long term food intolerance or food allergy.constipation can cause some tummy achesit sounds like she is a good eater when she is feeling well and not fighting off a virus.I would make sure she washes her hands with soap and water after using the bathroom every time and before she eats or prepares food.it sounds like she will be just finelet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com