Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have had a sore left breast since before Christmas ,I thought

Customer Question

I have had a sore left breast since before Christmas ,I thought it was due to a bump from the boot of my car, I now have soreness under my arm pit. My GP thought 8 out of 10(is that good?) that it may be a fibroadenoma however I'm 64 yrs of age ,their is no history of breast cancer in my family and my breast from puberty until now especially the left one is always uncomfortable .
I am very worried
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry you are having a sore left breast and soreness under your arm pit.I'm glad you have seen your GP doctorbut you still need to get a bilateral breast mammogram and left breast ultrasound to look for breast cancer just in case.did your GP doctor feel a lump or mass in your arm pit?when was your last breast mammogram?sometimes heavy lifting or straining your pectoralis muscle can cause soreness of the muscle behind your breast which goes into your arm pit as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you the GP only felt a nodular lump I'm the breast which she thought was a fibroadenoma
None felt in armpit the skin is a bit red also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My last mammogram was about 5 yrs
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
red skin and lump in the breast means you need to have a mammogram and breast ultrasound and arm pit ultrasound in your breast.soreness and red skin could be a sign of mastitis infection in your breast. your doctor should have given you a course of antibiotics like amoxicillin or augmentin or keflex to start to treat a possible breast infectionand your GP should have sent you for a mammogram and ultrasound for your breastmammograms should be done every 1-2 years.you are long overdue for one.go back to your GP doctor to ask for a mammogram and ultrasound of your left breastand see if a course of antibiotics will helplet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomedo you see the ratings area to leave positive 3-5 star feedback?we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave you 5 stars
Fingers crossed its nothing too serious 8-10 seems a positive rating for all to be ok
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your positive feedback.yes, I am hoping that a mammogram and ultrasound don't show any breast cancerbut you need the scans to get more information.better to get the scans and to know for sure rather than to live with your head in the sand.I'm surprised your GP doctor didn't order you a breast mammogram.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to ask for a private health check and a mammogram
It's quiet tender and has been like that for a while ,it hasn't helped that I keep feeling it etc
As I've left it alone is seems better although it's a funny sensation in the breast
I'll let you know what happens
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
good luck to youyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com