Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

About a month ago I got a very bad chest infection. At

Customer Question

Hi. About a month ago I got a very bad chest infection. At the time I thought I had contracted it from my daughters friend. At the same time I had been cleaning mould of the back of a wardrobe. It did go into the air like dust. I didn't wear a mask so maybe that was cause of chest infection. Not long after I started to get parathesia, pins and needles, numbness. Foggy feeling in head. I was very stressed at the time as had constipation for 2 months and was very anxious and worried it was something else. Had all blood work done and was fine.Got diagnosed with ibs. But my leg muscles at present are very sore and hurt like crazy to walk on them. One more than the other. Have had tingling in legs and feet. Spasms and twitching but very little. Have had back xray and waiting for results. My arm muscles are also very sore. Am waiting for vit d blood results to come back. But take vit tablets so doubt that One doc says pain is from anxiety?? I am very anxious but can't be imagining all the muscle pain. My joints are also very creaky. Am very worried as nothing helps pain. I am taking ant inflams. I just don't understand how all my muscles are hurting. Is it anxiety? I am very stressed through it all as have 2 children to look after. Should I see a neuro. Doc does not seem too bothered. Many thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 months ago.
This is Dr Davidyour pain symptoms could be due to fibromyalgia if you have certain trigger points close to your joints which worsen your pains.also declines of your body's estrogen levels can also cause joint pains and hot flashes and fatigue type symptoms.I would ask your doctor to see if you might have fibromyalgia.there are treatments for fibromyalgia such as lyrica or cymbalta which could help your pain symptoms over time.are you on treatments for anxiety?let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you. I did think maybe fibro but have not asked doc. They gave me diazapan but does not help to relax me. My worry was mould inhalation and of its affects but was very little. I want to stop worrying it's something serious. Doctor Google is a bad thing! I even thought I had als but doc said it wasn't.
doctor google doesn't have a medical license and never treated a patientyour immune system would have killed mold spores in your lung.hydroxyzine or buspirone could help your anxietyexercise therapy could help your anxiety.ask about fibromyalgia and the medications I mentioned.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you! Even if had a chest infection at the same time as cleaning mould would that have done more damage? My doc said I had chronic bronchitus and was sent for xray but was clear. I shall ask docs about fibro and medicine. I have lots of cramps in leg calves can that still indicate fibro?
we all get exposed to mold everyday, in the bathroom, at the grocery store, if you walk in the woods.there is mold all around usour immune system in 99.9% of cases can help fight off mold spores in your lungs.mold spores in your lungs would not cause joint pains and body aches and pains. cramps in calves can be from fibromyalgia, or from low potassium in your system or dehydration as well.most people don't drink enough water or get enough potassium in their system.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
you are welcomeplease leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Just one last question just for my anxiety reassurance...I read on Dr. Google that mould is a toxin and if your immune system is low it can reach other organs when breathed in such as the brain and do damage such as change your dna?? I think thats why i was worried about the muscle and joint problems. Would this have to be a fair amount of mould? I breathed in possibly a fair bit of mould dust and handled it. I'm sure I'm being ridiculous!
that is incorrect.it can't spread and change your DNAyour immune system isn't low.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm deleting my internet! ūüėä
:)let me know if you have other questions.thanks for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi. From previous conversation. Could my chest infection have been caused by bacterial infection from the mould. I took antibiotics for 2 days but stopped as had diareah. It has been suggested that I could have post viral syndrome as I have the pains and aches. Could that br possible? Thank you
the mold would not have caused bacterial infection.you could have post viral syndrome.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you. If post viral how long can it last? I don't seem to be getting better. It's been over a month since I had bronchitus
what are your specific symptoms again?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Leg pain mainly. Physio said today it was muscular. Had bronchitus over a month ago. But at the same time was told I had ibs. I had leg pain at the same time and doc said ibs could cause leg pain. All the 3 things started at similar time but now only have leg pain. Muscles hurt to stretch and ache to walk on. Upper arms hurt too.
leg pain and arm pain are more likely to be fibromyalgiathis can be helped by lyrica or cymbalta medications.