Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 8 year old daughter has an itchy rash which appeared within

My 8 year old daughter has an itchy rash which appeared within the last 24 hours. It looked similar to eczema. She now has prickly type skin on her thighs and biceps. If you see some pics can you determine what it is please?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please send pictures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent some files. Hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have more images of it would help
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Can you please send them as well just to be sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you received the other images please?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes.Does she have a fever?Sore throat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have just returned from Abu Dhab, yesterday. She has had headaches for a couple of days and a little grouchy, I gave her some calpol and just put it down to the heat. I don't know if she has had a temperature because it was so hot there
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You would have noticed high grade temperature.These rashes look essentially like dermatitis or allergic rashes. They are not infectious or bacterial by the look of it.If she does not have a fever, then a simple anti allergic will help. You can give her Benadryl (OTC) children's liquid suspension.That should clear this up. For the itch hydrocortisone 1 percent (OTC) should be applied and will help.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was worried that it was scarlet fever .
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Not likely, that rash appears around the neck and the face and leaves clear the mouth.Then spreads to the chest and the back.Sore throat, high grade fever and swollen glands in the neck are other signs which are not present here.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much indeed.