Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Past few days I have been feeling unwell. Chills,

for the past few days I have been feeling unwell. Chills, hot flushes,headache and lightheadness, also burning sensation in nose. All of which have left me feeling little anxious and sick. This morning I was feeling sick and found myself wretching at the bathroom sink. All of a sudden without warning I felt something snap down the middle of the lower part of my back. I remained bent over and could not move. I called for my husband who helped me onto the floor. I remained unable to move for approx an hour. I have tremendous pain in the lower back, pain in the hips and unable to stand up. Doc has been unable to see me but she thinks it is possibly a tore muscle. Do you think this previous ill health the day before is related?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I think that wretching in a bent position caused you to pull a muscle in the back, which is the most likely cause, in which case it can take two to four weeks to recover fully.If your symptoms persist then I would recommend doing MRI of your back to rule out a pinched nerve in the back that could be the cause of your symptoms.Meanwhile I would recommend resting your back, applying warm compresses, taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications like motrin or aleve for the pain for a few days.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating, by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end, when you are done asking.Kindest regards