Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My partner slipped down the stairs two weeks ago,she has been

My partner slipped down the stairs two weeks ago,she has been for X-Ray and nothing showed up,since then she is undergoing great discomfort and pain at the bottom of the spine,Could it be that they didn't X-Ray low enough or what could cause it.
Tony
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Your partner likely has a tailbone fractue.It may not show up in the initial Xray,Xrays should be repeated.A CT scan is better.She should see an orthopedic specialist soon.Steroid injection, donut pillow to release pressure on the area, NSAIds like Ibuprofen can be used with a muscle relaxant baclofen daily.May take about 4 to 6 weeks for healing.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/