Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

This may sound like a slightly mad question but i would like

Customer Question

This may sound like a slightly mad question but i would like some reassurance around a massage.
I had a massage
I was naked
the woman was a properly trained masseuse but did not cover me with a towel
the woman was fully clothed
the woman did not touch my genitals at any point
she did however stroke my inner thigh and asked if i wanted a happy ending/handjob
i refused point blank but did as I was leaving, hug her and touch her exposed back which had sweat on it from the massage .
I cannot see how i could have got HIV from this scenario but the fact she offered me a handjob has freaked me out.
To repeat the only way I could possibly have exchanged fluids is from some sweat on her back and her possibly touching my intimate areas (not my penis) with her hands. She was not bleeding and she did not attempt to kiss me at any point.
Can you reassure me this is not a low risk incident but no risk? Is a massage + handjob ever a risk in your book? i have read that no one could get HIV this way as it is really just touching someone vs having intimacy with them?
I had very bad diarreah the next night ie. 24 hours after post massage but am putting this down to IBS and not HIV early symptoms.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidno, there is no HIV risk to you.a hand job does not put you at risk for HIV.there is no way you can get HIVdon't let your anxiety get out of controllet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what a wonderfully clear and clinically direct answer.
as i said, the woman did NOT give me a handjob but of course, the anxiety plays tricks...did she touch my penis but i didnt remember? did she have a small cut etc..did she have blood in her sweat etc..you name it...
however, categorically - she did not touch my penis and i did touch her back which was sweaty (you didn't answer that point).
Oh, of course chance are she is HIV negative right?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
even if she was HIV positive, you can't get HIV from what you have described.you are letting your anxiety play tricks in your brain.you don't have to worry about HIV.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - agreed and thanks. I am keeping myself busy. Funny how the brain plays those tricks...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you would kind of recall if a woman grabbed your penis wouldn't you?!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ps i assume oncologists know a lot about hiv too :)
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, I know alot about HIV.you don't have to worry about HIV.you would have remembered if she touched your penis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dr david - sorry, can i ask one final question - is massage of the non-sexual kind (by that i mean non genital touching) ever a risk for hiv in your view? i assume the answer is no because there are millions of massages every day? i have had 3-4 recently in the last two weeks due to being very tight in my legs and hips and have found i get small pimples the day after where the masseuse has rubbed hard. assume just a bit of skin irritation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ps i will write a review if you can answer
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, massage of non sexual kind is not a risk for HIV.small pimple could have been from skin irritation or clogged skin pores from the massage oil.it is not a risk for HIV.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks paid you a bonus x
i feel reassured - as i said no handjobs, just massage
i was naked but kind of hard not to be in a massage
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the bonus.thanks for using JustAnswer.com