Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I went to specsavers yesterday as everything is blurry out

Customer Question

I went to specsavers yesterday as everything is blurry out of my left eye and I can't see properly when I cover my right eye and get headaches atleast 5 times a week (this has been going on for a few months). They done thorough tests and after getting a second look by the manager they said I have fluid behind my left eye. They rang the hospital and they said its urgent so I need to go today (yesteday) when I was at the hospital she said she couldn't see fluid. That evening specsavers rung me to check how the hospital went. Whilst on the phone I asked if they saw fluid behind my eye and he said yes there definitely was. If the hospital has missed this then what could it be? My next appointment is in a months time and she said I'll just need glasses.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthere is normal vitious fluid inside of the eyeball.a normal dilated pupil funduscopic exam can only see inside the eye and at the retina. which is at the back of the eye.no eye exam can really see "behind" the eye.did they use eye drops to dilate your pupil to properly look at the back of your retina?it sounds like you need to see a proper ophthalmologist and get a proper dilated pupil eye exam and you might need a brain MRI scan and a neurological exam to check for migraines, ocular migraineslet me know if you have questions.