Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am sending this email to ask your advice. I am 32

hello
i am sending this email to ask your advice. I am 32 married. But i am abroad living (UK). In julay 2015, i had stressful time so i went to guy cruse place and i met someone, we JUST kissing and He suck main. In September 2015, we meet again and we Had just quick kissing and wank just. On December 2015, i went to and i did combo test ( antibodies for the HIV 1 and 2 strains of the virus, with an antigen test for the p24 antigen) and it was negative. after that i have not had any exposure. So in January 2016 , I saw his profile in dataing app, and it is written he is HIV postive. I had chat with him asking when he become like that , he said nearly a year. i was shocked at thas time. he said we have no done any thing in risk and also he said his sexual health clear and he in treatment. However i cant terst at all. so I went and i did screen HIV test for after 28 days after exposure, and it was negetive as well on 14 of Fab 2016. i was kind of relieve at this time. However i was still worried and i has some ulcer in my mothe. Iwent to GP and they did general health check up including: cbc, kidney and liver function, all viteamain , and auto immune deficiency , and all was good. But As i am still concern i went to sexual clicnal and they took blood and urin from me on Thursday and i might get the result by this week. in mean time i am really worried and thinking too much and i cant sleep very well. so i have few questions regardin a combo test..do you think it is reliable? and what you advice ?
Ali
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The combo test is considered 4th generation and very reliable sensitivity approaches 99% within 4 weeks of exposure.It reaches about 100% by 6 months since exposure.So it is very very unlikely you have HIV at this point.No further testing is recommended given 2 negative tests.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/