Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

If I have unprotected sex and use Ella one is it likely to

If I have unprotected sex and use Ella one is it likely to be effective?
I am taking Pregabalin for back pain, diazepam and Tramadol.
I take spironolactone for alopecia daily.
Will any morning after pill be effective if a condom tears or abstinence?!!! The latter is a concerning option to me! :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I use regain for men at night as my hair is now growing back.
I had androgenic alopecia.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, ella one is the most effective morning after pill.your medications will not cause the ella one to be not effective.yes, ella one will be effective in preventing pregnancy if the condom breaksdid you use the ella one already?sounds like you are worried about being pregnant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have used levenelle before but I read online that levenelle is no good with pregabalin?
The reason I am so concerned is I am having an operation (mycrodiscextomy) on lumbar region on 3rd May and was wanting to avoid pregnancy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my response?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes. there are no drug interactions between pregabalin and ulipristal which is in Ella one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And this is the case with diazepam, tramadol, paracetamol, ibuprofen and also regain 5%?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is levenelle not recommended?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry..... just checking you received my last few other responses? Apologies
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, the ulipristal dosesn't interact with any of those medicaitons.you should be fine.Levenelle is another brand name for the same medication I believe in EllaOnebut you should be fine. there are no drug interactionslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Did you read my other response?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
what other response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just that levenelle is not recommended? Is that right?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Levonelle one step is levonorgestrel and would not interact with pregabalin or tramadol or your other medications.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok so either are ok to use? The internet was a bit confusing about it?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, either are ok to use.and will not interact with your medications.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou. You have been brilliant. I really appreciate the advice given.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomedo you see the ratings area to leave positive feedback?