Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My husband has a very itchy dark red rash round his genitals

My husband has a very itchy dark red rash round his genitals and groin and the tops of his legs. I think it's just a sweat rash but he's too embarrassed to see a dr.
He has a really bad rash on his back and his dr gave him betnovate cream to use 2 times daily and also a tablet to take for a week. Both of these are finished but the rash returned to his back. He didn't mention the sweat rash to his dr because of embarrassment. I wish he had. Can you suggest anything?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidit sounds like he most likely has a fungal jock itch rash on his genitals.fungal skin infections like to grow in dark, warm, moist environments.there are over the counter antifungal powders and sprays for jock itch at the local drug store or pharmacy or Boots store.you can buy Tinactin or Lamasil spray or clotrimazole 1% creams which can be used for 3-6 weeks 1-2 times a dayhttp://www.boots.com/en/Pharmacy-Health/Health-shop/Embarrassing-conditions/Jock-rash/if these over the counter treatments don't work, he has to see his GP doctor for stronger prescription antifungal powders and pills for his jock itchlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com