Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm just after some post operative advice. I had my

Hello, I'm just after some post operative advice. I had my gallbladder removed (keyhole)three days ago. There was some bleeding during surgery and I had a drain in for a day. I am now at home and trying to be as mobile as possible. I can't stand up straight yet.
The wound where the drain was is a lot more painful than the others and I don't seem to get much relief from painkillers. I can feel a deep throbbing pain in that area, and it is a lot more tender than the other entry points. there is a small amount of discharge on the dressing which I have changed daily.
Today I have been getting light heart palpitations and the occasional adrenalin rush while resting. My chest does feel tight but I am not having breathing difficulties. Is this a normal part of recovery or should I get this checked? Many thanks for any advice.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Since painkillers are not helping, there is risk of bacterial infection.Postoperative infection is common.You should contact your doctor soon for antibiotic course.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer, do you think the heart palpitations are me noticing things or should I be concerned?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Heart palpitations can be due to the pain and infection --an expected response.Should subside with proper treatment of the infection and once pain subsides.Best wishes