Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have been ill since Tuesday last week, my symptoms are

Customer Question

Hi I have been ill since Tuesday last week, my symptoms are feeling cold shaking, can't eat, being sick, bad throat, bad cough, stuffed nose.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Have you had any fever? If so, how high is the fever?Does the cough bring up any sputum? If so, what color is the sputum?Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a fever but dunno how high itis I went to sleep in a tracksuit and coat with the heating on and was still cold. My flem is a odd colour slight yellow I thought I saw abit of blood but that might be from my throat my throat is really sore. I just can't eat nothing either.
Thank you for the additional information. It is common for a person with a fever to feel cold and have shaking chills. The approach would be to identify the cause of the fever. The most common cause of these symptoms would be a viral infection, but there are a couple of other infections that would be of concern. There are many different types of viral infections, and certain viral infections tend to be more severe, such as influenza or mono. With a severe sore throat, there is concern that it could be a Strep throat. The concern would be higher if there is a significant fever. A cough would actually suggest that it is more of a viral infection. If there is any pus on the throat or tonsils or swollen lymph nodes in the neck, then it would be more likely to be a Strep throat. However, the proper determination of a Strep throat would require a swab test of throat. With significant respiratory symptoms, there also should be consideration of whether there is pneumonia. A pneumonia can occur as a primary infection, but it also can occur as a complication of a viral infection. There would be much greater concern if there is any shortness of breath or purulent sputum. When there are more severe symptoms, the usual recommendation is to be seen by your doctor, who can consider these infections and determine whether antibiotics are necessary. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I'm just waiting until 8am then I'm going to book an appointment, thank you for your help
You are most welcome.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.