Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a laparoscopy and they opened me at the same time 2 weeks

I had a laparoscopy and they opened me at the same time 2 weeks ago where they removed my appendix. For a few days after the surgery I was constipated. After a few days I went but then developed diarrhoea. I had a terrible bout last Sunday and now again today. I also sneezed yesterday morning which has caused a sharp pain in my stomach. Should I go to my gp or is this normal?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Constipation after surgery is a common problem and is usually followed by diarrhea but it should not last for more than 2 days. If you still have it it is better to get yourself examined by your Gp though it does not seem to be related to any surgical complication.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did also ask about the sharp pain I had when I sneezed yesterday morning? It still feels as if it's there each time I've sneezed since and I'm very tender to the touch in that area
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.This kind of pain is normal within this period and especially after sneezing as it causes muscle movement and pain associated with inflammation. Nothing much to worry about.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.