Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Can you help I have a pain going from my right pectral muscle

Can you help I have a pain going from my right pectral muscle up the right side of my gullet & through to my shoulder blades my dr says its my muscle . I am worried as my gullet seems numb I had puemonia in November on the right lung. Unfortunatley I am also going throught the change which doesnt help. I can eat alright and have not lost any wait.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Is this a sharp pain and does it increase with deep breathing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just a niggly pain in my neck but sharp in my shoulder blades I have also been bring up some mucus.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply.As there is no association with respiration it is most likely muscular spasm. The other possibility can be pleural pain. I would suggest that you should take ibuprofen, apply warm compresses and capsaicin cream over the area and if it does not improve in couple of days get a chest x-ray and see a pulmonologist to rule out lung related problem.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.