How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64343
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Male 77yo, i have tendonitis in my right shoulder,very painfull

Resolved Question:

Male 77yo, i have tendonitis in my right shoulder,very painfull when i try to raise my arm above my head. I would be very greatfull for any advice. Sincerely, Gerry Monaghan
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloRegular physio is often not enough.See a non invasive orthopedist for the correct program.It might take up to 12 weeks to help.If not, I suggest an MRI to see if there is more damage than suspected.An anti inflammatory diet should be started.heat to the area daily should be done.Ultrasound is not enough to show everything going on.Various physical therapies can help, even chiropractic in some cases. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you