DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

There, Am I likely to suffer red skin syndrome after

Hi there,Am I likely to suffer red skin syndrome after stopping my steroid use?I am writing to ask is there is any gaging the likelihood of me having a steroid withdrawal if I halt all steroid use.I have been using steroids since October last year, when i went on a 5 day oral course of prednisolone, taking 6 5mg tablets a day, for my wide spread eczema due to a histamine intolerance. After the oral course of steroids in early October I went without any form of steroids until December when I went on a 10 week course of cortisone steroids.I was given 4 tubes of 100g Betamethasone ointment to use over 10 weeks whilst i was away abroad. The last 8 weeks of the topical steroids course I was prescribed to only apply the steroids twice a week, this unfortunately did not happen. I was often applying the ointment around once 5 days a week, from late December to late March. I would put the ointment on around 70% of my body including my face. Be this as may, I have yet to use the full amount of steroid prescribed to me.Though the question maybe hard to answer, any help would be much appreciated,George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The topical steroid i have been using is Betamethasone val ointment 0.1
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou give no indication of having any problem.I do not think you have any high likelihood of having this problem. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.