Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

My mother has a rare neurological disorder called Multi

Customer Question

Hello, My mother has a rare neurological disorder called Multi System Atrophy. I wanted to know if there was anyplace in the world that is conducting experimental research for treatment and/or cure of this disease. We are willing to travel anywhere in the world, if necessary,
for any experimental treatment.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. I will provide you with a link that lists recently completed as well as ongoing trials involving Multi-system Atrophy. Hold on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be fantastic. Thank you so much.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Each of these experimental trials has a principal investigator listed toward the bottom of the trial description. You can see which sites are involved around the country and or world, as well. You could contact any of these investigators to find out the most recent status of their investigations. Hope this helps:https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=multisystem+atrophy&Search=Search
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have a look. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. There is a lot of information there. Feel free to follow up with any additional question you might have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr. Bob, My mother is also interested in treatment with iPS cells in Japan which is not ready yet as far as I know. I wonder if there is any other country where it's available for tests.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
This is a highly active and rapidly developing research field. Japan and South Korea seem to be leading the way. They are also experimenting with mesenchymal stem cells at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN:Responsible Party:Phillip Low, Professor, Mayo ClinicClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02315027 History of ChangesOther Study ID Numbers:12-005950 G4789 Study First Received:October 31, 2014Last Updated:July 29, 2015Health Authority:United States: Food and Drug Administration