DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I've got swollen lymph nodes in these areas 1. Back of

Hi, I've got swollen lymph nodes in these areas
1. Back of head both sides on customer of skull/hairline
2. Left neck just below the ear (3 inches below ear lobe)
3. In front of left ear (1cm in front of the hole area)
4. Sever on Left side under jaw
5. Months ago I had one behind ear on right but that has gone down.
Definitely lymph nodes as matches diagrams exactly.
Not tender but are if prod enough.
All about pea size
Doctor said thinks lymph nodes and did blood tests which all came back normal. Before the results came back is when the ear one came up, Ie suggesting something still wrong in my opinion.
It's now 3 weeks later after doctors and 10 weeks since began - and all exactly the same. I feel ok I think - it's easy to look in to things too much.
I called the doctor and left a message that more nodes came up despite the clear tests and he's not concerned. Read a lot about lymphoma so am concerned about that. Should I be trying to force more tests or not worry about it?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou should haveA sed rateThis will show the degree of inflammation.The nodes should be looked at my an internist or hematologist.If indicated, a skinny needles aspiration will determine if this islymphoma...no evidence for that at allsarcoidosis, and autoimmune probleminfectionother. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, so you think I should ask my doctor for these tests? if as you say there is no symptoms of lymphoma and I feel fine then not sure it's worth looking at?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Start with the sed rate.This is not normal.That is if the nodes are more than tiny.Please click a positive.