Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a red ring around my bottom area , and wanted to

hi , i have a red ring around my bottom area , and wanted to get an opinion on it
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Please upload a photo here so that i can give you accurate opinion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did upload one
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Can not see the picture, can you please try to upload again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get the pic ok ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
How long has this been there for?Itchy, painful?Constipation / diarrhea?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has been there for a while but gets worse at times , its not itchy , but irritating , when i need the toilet i do sweat a lot in that area and i can't use toilet paper as it irritates me so i just wash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no diarrera or constipation
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
That looks like dermatitis or inflammation of the skin. This can be due to any irritant touching the sensitive part of the skin. This can be due to underwear, toilet paper, clothing, sweat and sometimes, diarrhea can cause this as well. The skin is not excoriated so this is not infected however, it is best to start applying a topical steroid to see if that helps - fluticasone propionate will be appropriate, it is OTC. Along with that Sitz baths - fill half a tub with luke warm water, pour 50 ml of Povidone-Iodine antiseptic in it and sit for 15 to 20 minutes thrice a day in the tub.Please do discuss this with your GP and have yourself referred to a Dermatologist for a closer evaluation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks , i will give it a try
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Pleasure.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i get these two items from a local pharmacy ?