Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

Gave my wife last week. Have since had very sore

Gave my wife cunnilingus last week. Have since had very sore throat/chest/ears and upset (gurgling) stomach and low appetite. Also tiredness and nausea.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
I doubt the two are related. Are you concerned about having picked up an STD? Is your wife having any symptoms such as rash or discharge or foul odor? If this is a worry, you should get tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia, both of which require only a urine specimen. More likely than not, however, is that you caught the flu at about the same time. Some flu viruses have a 1-2 weeks incubation period, so you may have actually already been infected with something. Either way, your family doctor could sort this out for you and make sure you get treated properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am concerned re std as recently diagnosed with prostatitis. Could std have been the cause and missed during diagnosis?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
A prostatic infection can cause all the symptoms you describe. They can be very uncomfortable. The organism is typically an enteric one (from the GI tract), such as E coli, Enterobacter, or Enterococcus. Other common pathogens include , Klebsiella, Proteus, Pseudomonas, Serratia, and Staphylococcus aureus. These are not considered STDs.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Chlamydia and Gonorrhea can infect the prostate as well, though this is less common. A doctor will not usually check for these unless the history suggests them as a possibility. If you were not tested for them at your initial visit, you could go back and get tested. All of these infections typically resolve with antibiotics, though the selection of antibiotic and the duration of treatment may vary depending on test results, risk factors and overall health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Doctor, I think the best thing is to get tested then (for my wife's benefit as much as mine) as don't think I was tested initially.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
I would agree with you. If there is any doubt, you might want to get tested for syphilis (RPR), hepatitis C and HIV while you are at it. Otherwise, do keep in mind that prostatitis is usually NOT an STD and cannot be contracted through oral sex alone.
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience: 20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Is it only on one side or both.Your age and what gender you are?Any other related symptoms?