wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a 3 and half year old boy who has what I can only describe as a tie dye like blood

I have a 3 and half year old boy who has what I can only describe as a tie dye like blood rash on his feet, ankles and on some parts of his legs. Its not raised its under the skin and doesnt appear to be causing him any issues ie not itching. They are small and large circles, a bigger cornbeef rash. He has had a bad cold and chest, during the last 7-10 days but no temperature now.. He also had his 3 year and 4 month booster jab about 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can provide a photograph as well to show some of this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also forgot to mention he has had his fingers in his mouth constantly during the course of the last week - like you would see when a toddler is teething
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.thank you for the picture. Unfortunately, it is out of focus. That being said, it looks like bruising caused by someone grabbing his foot in a violent way.I would take him to a pediatrician for a full exam and also consider if he may be a victim of some sort of abuse.In any event a good pediatric exam should be able to get to the bottom of what is going on.Does this make sense to you? It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for coming back to me but this doesnt make any sense I have been with him the whole time in the last two weeks so there is nothing to point to abuse and as referenced these are also on his upper legs. He has done excessive exercise in last week on his balance bike and two visits to a soft play area - so could the pressure and excessive strain cause this - he has exceptionally narrow feet width size in uk is a C! Average is an F!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this not be in any way related to his MMR booster he has rashes before at the 1 year and 2 year albeit these were more raise on his skin and more aggressive?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to hear that abuse is not a possibility.It is not normal for a child to get bruising like that, no matter how he played on a bike or playgroundAnd, no. I would not think his MMR booster is to blame either.So. What to do?Get him into a pediatrician, hopefully before the rashes go away. Also, good -- in focus -- pictures to show that doctor would probably be helpful.Make sense?I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you kind regards Victoria
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Vistoria,My pleasure.Have a good day.It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS