Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had a tiny flat red spot on the tip of my nose

Hi . I have had a tiny flat red spot on the tip of my nose for the past 9 months. It looks just like a little spot that I sometimes get except it has never gone away and I'm assuming it's some sort of broken capillary. Can anybody confirm this if I send a picture? Not sure the best way to get rid of it, should I make an appointment with a dermatologist or see a doctor? It is tiny but it really bothers me being on the very tip of my nose. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Image attached
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This looks like a blocked pore that is getting recurrent inflammation or if this is blanchable on pressure, this can be an acquired capilllary malformation which are very common at this area of the nose. Seeing a Dermatologist will be the best course of action. If this is a blocked pore, this can be opened by an office procedure and if this is a capillary malformation it can be rectified with laser therapy or needle cauterization.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Pleasure.