Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Could you please tell me what investigation and treatment

Could you please tell me what investigation and treatment is necessary for developing a penis on the boy at 19 years old ???
My son is on holiday from University and after couple a weeks he told me that we need to talk. I believe it took him a great strength to tell me, as a mum, that he does have this problem and I don't know where to start to help him . I did not talk to him, ever, about anything private, so, this appears to be of great concern for his well being...
Could you please help and advise ???
Kind Regards,
Daniela
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidis he complaining of having a small penis?is he overweight? what is his height and weight?being overweight can cause increased body fat and this can cause higher estrogen levels in his body and this can affect his penis size.he should see a primary care doctor or endocrinology doctor and get blood testing first to check his testosterone and estrogen and LH and FSH levels and thyroid hormone levels to see if they are correct.I would start there. let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah that is what he has said. He's at least 5 inches in length but insists it is below average. The girth is less than what he believes it should be too. My son isn't overweight; he is 5foot 9 and weighs 70kg. Goes to the gym often and has quite an athletic figure. However as a kid he was quite overweight and wasn't until his late teens when he lost the weight.I will ensure he gets the tests done. Could you please respond with the acceptable ranges for these different hormones to compare with my sons results once he finds out.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
5 inches is longer than average penis size.the average length of a flaccid penis is 3.6 inches (9.16 cm) and 5.2 inches (13.24 cm) when flaccid but stretched.normal male testosterone is 300 -1,000 ng/dLhttps://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003707.htmlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com