Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My friend was admitted to hospital with fatigue, a pain in

Customer Question

my friend was admitted to hospital with fatigue, a pain in her chest coughing dry,
a large boil weeping yellow pus in her arm and another one under the same armpit
when she walked she did so leaning her body over to the right.
the boils were on and under her left arm
she spent one month in hospital and has not returned to work due loss of energy
one year ago.
do you think she had TB or another disease.
thank you.
ps she is 50 yrs old and was in good health.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am so sorry for your friend aa month is a long time to stay in the hospital.TB is rare, but can occur, more common in immunocompromised patient populations like patients who have HIV or cancer or long term immunosuppression.she skin boils could be from skin MRSA infection or other skin conditions.I am not sure if she is 100% better either.you should visit her in the hospital and bring her some flowers or a care package to support her and her family and wish her wellor send her a card telling her you are thinking of her and wishing her well soon.let me know if you have other questions.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIt is clear from your statement that your friend is now out of the hospital but not recovered.She would have been treated if she had TBthat is not it.This could bestrokeheart dieseasethyroid diseaseanemia from various possibilitiesYou need to tell her to get her hospital records and review her diagnoses.I am a clinical doctor and I deal with this hands onFind me, Dr. thomas, in medical any day of the week by request. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidTB infection is different in different patients and some patients can battle with infection symptoms for a year.you can still visit her and wish her well and support her in her recovery.or send her a card telling her that you are thinking of her.it is up to your friend if she wishes to get her medical records or even tell you about her illness.some people are very private and don't wish to share their health challenges with others. so best to show her signs of support and friendship and let her reach out to you if she wishes to share with you her health diagnosis and challenges. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com