DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Good evening, My son has Staphylococcus Aureus and has

Good evening,
My son has Staphylococcus Aureus and has just got a bad bout of CROUP this evening after having a cough for many weeks. It doesn't seem to be getting better with steam although he can still breathe easily at this stage. Due to the staphylococcus aureus, should i take extra precaution and call 111 ?
Lizzie
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is not likely due to staph.But this occurance after weeks of cough can indicate pneumonia.Get him examined now. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Now tonight to A and E or take him to a doctor in the morning?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
A&E. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thank you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
anytime I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.