Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have a really embarrassing problem that has been recurring

Customer Question

I have a really embarrassing problem that has been recurring for the last 5 or 6 years and that is I keep getting really bad soreness around my vagina and back passage, to the point where the skin around my back passage becomes very inflamed and I get almost like skin splits where the skin has started to come away. I occasionally notice a wet discharge around the back passage when it is itching. It is too painful to even scratch the area as it is so inflamed and painful. My vagina feels very dry and sore. Intercourse is out of the question as it is way too painful and I worry about the possibility of splitting the skin down there while I have this....I get this once or twice a year and it tends to last for a few weeks, and then other times I'll just get it for a few days or so then it will clear up. I have treated for thrush and BV several times. I have never put myself at risk of STDs so it can't be that. I have also considered that it may be a recurring problem with threadworms or a skin condition. It is really getting me down do you have any answers to this? I also have B12 deficiency with no known cause...not sure if this could be linked? I am 33 and female.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Have you had B12 levels checked recently? What are the current levels?Threadworms is a possibility since it is as recurring problem so that needs to be ruled out.What kind of doctors have you seen till now?Are you on any medications for anything?Do you have any other medical problems?Please let me know.Regards