Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am pregnant and my TSH level is 2.72 mu/L (0.30-5.00). I'm

I am pregnant and my TSH level is 2.72 mu/L (0.30-5.00). I'm aware that is should be lower than 2.5 in pregnancy but my GP says is normal. Is it normal or high for pregnancy?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Were you diagnosed as suffering from hypothyroidism prior to pregnancy?Are you on any medications for a thyroid problem currently?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm not suffering from hypothyroidism prior pregnancy. My thyroid TSH prior pregnancy is always around 3 mu/L (0.3-5.00). I'm not on any medication.
But is TSH 2.72 mu/L normal during pregnancy?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes this TSH is nothing to worry about in pregnancy at the moment.However I would monitor your TSH every six months to one year to be sure it stays in the normal range.Normal range is 0.3 to 3.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.Kindest regards