wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have been diagnosed with Pleurisy, have asthma and epilepsy.

I have been diagnosed with Pleurisy, have asthma and epilepsy. On antibiotics 3x a day, and ventolin inhaler when needed. Would it be worth ordering a home oxygen tank as it's getting unbearable and I'm willing to pay the £20 if it helps even slightly!
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.How old are you?M/F?Do you know what your O2 sat is when you are sitting quietly on room air? How about if you move around/exercise some?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im 22 and female, I have a relatively sedentary lifestyle as I work in an office.
I currently have a cold, pleurisy, depression asthma and epilepsy.
My o2 sats were normal when I saw my doctor on Sunday, however the condition has gotten worse, I can no longer exercise due to this.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that additional information.Before you go to the expense and inconvenience of hooking yourself to home oxygen you should be tested (by monitoring your blood Oxygen saturation) to see if you need it.If your blood oxygen level is good on this testing then using home oxygen will not help how you feel.Your regular MD should be able to do this for you in their office very easily.Does this make sense to you? It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that advice - I will make an appointment asap.