Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My daughter has been very unwell long time with

Customer Question

Hi My daughter has been very unwell for a long time with ME/CFS she now looks yellow and gaunt she has some bloods taken the other day and her Transferrin saturation was 7 and her iron levels 4.6 lacking in Vitamin C and B2 deficient but now when she eats any foods she feels dizzy suffering from extreme brain fog and fatigued detached from reality.I was wondering what would the above results mean and why would she be out of breath and have heart palaptions?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionHow old is she?
Let me know how old she is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just turned 18, she is getting iller by the minute I am so worried about the heart palpations and chest pain shortness of breath could any of the recent results cause this? we wondered could it be lyme diease as she has bacteria overgrowth and a lot of bacteria was traced inside her stomach and she does suffer from vertigo and nausea and extreme fatigue and she used to be a showjumper before she got ill so plenty of opportunity for a tick bite?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
doesn't look like you are still there?
I'm hereYes. Sorry.I think the low iron and vitamin deficiencies could cause all of ither iron is low because of periods most likely and blood losshowever, has celiac been checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
years ago I think what would be making her feel so ill after she eats like dizzy fatigued and total brain fog and heart palpatation
s and shortness of breath? She did have a very heavy period and also sufferers from PCOS?
Okay then the iron needs replaced.that will improve ALOT of this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how will they do that? what about this bacteria overgrowth? this got a very high reading? could the heart palpations and shortness of breath be due to the low iron reading of 4.6
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
must go now thank you how do I pay
I don't put much stock in the bacterial overgrowth issueThat is not a cause but a product of other problemsYes, all of the symptoms could be from the ironplease just provide a bonus. That would be great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is 4.6 a low reading then? you still haven't answered the questions about the heart palpations and shortness of breath is this down to the iron deficiency? what is transferrin saturation that was only 7? thanks
Yes, like I said, iron deficiency can cause all of the symptoms she is having including thoseThe only important numbers here are iron and ferritin level
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so once the iron is replaced she should start to feel better is transferrin saturation at 7 low?
correctyes, it is low
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked the bonus button have you been paid OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any problems get your team to send me an email must go now thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all paid now thanks again
welcome :)