wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have restless leg syndrome and am on repineral 500

I have restless leg syndrome and am on repineral 500 micrograms three a day then as they are getting worse such as now painful all day not just at night the Dr has given me a stronger dose just one at night but do I have to leave others off during the day as he said he did not want me to increase the dosage to four a day. The reason I ask you and not him is.I can try to ring the Surgery. From about 8.30am till sometimes in fact mostly it's gone 4pm before someone answers and they say they are just to busy. That doesn't help.And is the start of Parkinson's as my fingers now jump when I type.I am 81 years old and have suffered for years before getting a diagnosis.thankyou
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.I'm sorry you are having so much difficulty getting the treatment you need.RLS can be hard to get under control in some cases.Here is some information from a highly respected source, that you can share with your doctor, and that you might find interesting. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/restless-legs-syndrome/basics/causes/con-20031101http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/restless-legs-syndrome/basics/treatment/con-20031101 As you can see a pretty extensive workup needs to be done so that the best treatment can be instituted. Given what you have posted it does not sound like this has been done in your case.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First class advice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quick response for me to pass on to GP