Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I have a small lump in my anal wall which I originally thought

I have a small lump in my anal wall which I originally thought was a pimple or something but it has been there for a few weeks now and yesterday it was aching and it is now not badly but enough to ask what it may be could you help as i don't want to ring my doctors if it is nothing as the receptionist asks the question and i feel embarrassed about telling her.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you with your concerns today.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
One of the commonest cause of a lump in an anal wall is a thrombosed hemorrhoid.A thrombosed hemorrhoid is a projection of a vein of anal wall which has got clotted blood inside it and therefore is palpable as a lump.It can ache and cause pain for few days or weeks but eventually resolve on it,s own.But there can be other lesions which can present as a lump in anal wall and these include, anal polyp,condyloma acuminata , colorectal tumor and perianal abscess.Therefore its is better to have this seen by a a doctor.