Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I live with korskoffs syndrome,and am becoming more tired and

I live with korskoffs syndrome,and am becoming more tired and fatigued,can you recommend any remedies,non pill taking
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidKorsakoff syndrome is a chronic memory disorder caused by severe deficiency of thiamine (vitamin B-1)Korsakoff syndrome is most commonly caused by alcohol misuse, but certain other conditions also can cause the syndromedo you drink alcohol?are you not willing to take B vitamin supplements? why not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do take thyamean on a daily basis,I am also a member of AA,and have not had a drink in 25yrs ,I am just becoming more tired and fatigued ,I do know that this is a progressive illness but it is the fatigue that is really getting to me now, I try and live my life on a spiritual basis now,as suggested in AA .
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I am so glad you have stop drinking and that you are taking thiamine.your current fatigue and tiredness may not be due to Korsakoff syndromeyou could have something else going on.you need to see your GP doctor to get blood test to check for iron levels, ferritin levels (stored iron), hemoglobin, thyroid hormone levels, vitamin D levels, full blood panel and complete blood counts to see why you might be so tired.I would not just assume your fatigue is from your korsakoff syndrome.do yo have a GP doctor you can see who can do some testing for you?let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice on this matter, and will contact my JP .
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomedo you see the ratings area to leave positive feedback?we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback