Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Had bad dose of flu week on its way out but feel sick

Customer Question

Had bad dose of flu for 1 week on its way out but feel sick every time I try to eat?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Do you have nausea, vomiting, dizziness?Have the flu symptoms cleared completely?Pain anywhere?Previously diagnosed medical conditions?Are you on any medication?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nausea do dizziness. Flu symptomsnotquite gone. No medication
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just answer the question
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Alright, thanks for the reply.Feeling nausea with flu is usually due to phlegm and inflammation of the throat and since there is change of taste perception with flu and altered smell due to sinus congestion.The dizziness can be due to dehydration and sinus congestion and sometimes, flu can also cause inner ear pressure changes.I would suggest that you keep yourself well hydrated with Gatorade or Pedialyte and also try to eat food which is less irritant or spicy for example, chicken soup which has proven efficacy in boosting one's immunity during the flu and cold.A nasal decongestant like Xylometazole (OTC) a puff in each nostril thrice a day for 2 to 3 days along with steam inhalations with menthol crystal thrice or four times a day will be beneficial in clearing the sinuses and keeping the phelgm less viscid.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if there is something else I can help with.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.